At Fox Moving and Storage in Charlotte, we know that moving can be an emotional time. When you know what to do and when to do it, though, you’ll enjoy a smooth move for you, your family, and your pets. Our professional moving experts offer these tips to help you with your next move:
- Take the family (including the pets) to the new neighborhood so they can get to know it a little better before you move.
- Plan a separate box or bag for those essentials you’ll need on your first night in your new home. Consider such items as toilet paper, bath towels, paper plates, paper towels or napkins, and items you’ll need for breakfast the next morning.
- Contact the utility companies as soon as possible to schedule disconnection and connection services.
- Keep bed linens in a dresser drawer or pack them in a separate box so when your family is tired from the day’s activities, you won’t have to stress over finding sheets for their beds.
- If you are packing yourself, use smaller boxes for heavier items and larger boxes for lighter items.
- Sort through your possessions to determine how you can declutter before you start packing. You may find items that you don’t want to move but that can be donated or passed on to other family members.
- Create a floor plan for where your furniture will go in your new home. For example, you can use graph paper with grids to lay out your couch, chairs, bookcase, and other living room furniture to make sure it will all fit. This will also help movers know where to place these items.
- Book your moving company as far ahead as possible, for your own peace of mind. Be assured, though, that at Fox Moving and Storage in Charlotte, we can handle your move with as little as one hour’s notice.